Tuesday, March 23, 2010

*Smack!*

Whoa... where did that come from?



Wow Colorado! What a storm!

I'm so excited about this. We were on our way home from grocery shopping. I'm not sure how long we were actually in the store, an hour maybe, but upon exiting.. the world had changed from dry and chilly to .. crazy snowy! There were already 2 or so inches on the ground when we were trying to leave. Bond brought the van up to the door so we could load up, and at least an inch accumulated on the van while it sat there waiting for us to get all ready and buckled.

I wonder how many people were out getting their groceries too, because it took us over an hour and a half to get home in the storm.

Check out my view!



It wasn't JUST the horrible roads and non-existent visibility. For some reason, the van decided it didn't like my "Dirty Car" story.. I think it must have peed out all the anti-freeze or something, because the heater wasn't working! So the windows were all fogged up and we were all freeeeezing!

And on top of that, Newbie was screaming her head off the entire time! Bond can't concentrate well when she's screaming. So I crawled into the back and tried to calm her down, to no avail.

Amidst all the distractions.. the icy roads, the blowing snow, the foggy windows, the screaming baby, the loud pre-schooler and toddler in the back... Bond did such an awesome job driving us home. But I helped. I pulled out my awesome phone that had my awesome Google maps application and my awesome GPS capabilities. We were able to drive through a few neighborhoods instead of getting stuck trying to get up the hills with the rest of traffic. It was complete insanity and it was awesome.

(Baby screaming in the background.)
"Here, turn right here! And then this'll take us all the way to Austin Bluffs."
(Boys laughing and yelling in the background.)
"I can't see the road.. the snow is as high as the sidewalks!"
(More baby screaming..)
"Follow the trees!" I look down at my awesome GPS map phone. "See it curves around right here!"
(Tense pause between Mom and Dad, kids are all still screaming their heads off.)
"Okay this is supposed to be Austin Bluffs up here.."
"I can't see anything."
(Red traffic lights appear out of no where.)
"THERE!"
"Weeeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeee!"

Total. Aweosmeness!

Okay, so maybe I didn't say weee heee. But it was definitely exciting. It was like... a really really good movie, minus the explosions. I laughed.. I cried.. or wanted to anyway. But the sidewalks and following the trees and lights popping up out of no where... and the screaming kids... and the non-working heater.. it was all there. It made it all completely hilarious. And terrifying.

And it was such a relief to walk in the door of our home. It was much more peaceful than this...



Definitely more peaceful.. pretty, and calm.

As we sit right now, there are over six inches of snow on our deck. I'm thinking we won't get to go to Newbie's post-op appointment tomorrow without some SERIOUS early morning sun.

No comments: