Wednesday, November 4, 2009

NEWBIE!

It's only been 3.5 months since I've blogged.. but sometimes life takes over.

The last few months of pregnancy were uncomfortable, but I survived it! There was even an extra weekend thrown in.. just to keep me waiting. (Thanks Newbie.)

I didn't do a very good job of taking belly pictures during this pregnancy. It's true that you take fewer and fewer pictures as you get more and more kids. I DID however, make this on Newbie's due date:



Neat. Huh.

Three days later, on October 12, 2009... at 4 in the morning... Newbie made HER arrival!



I was only in labor for 4 hours and 45 minutes! I thought things might be happening around 9:30pm on Oct 11th, but they seemed to fizzle out until 11:15pm, when I started counting contractions because the first one I had was pretty painful. They came every 4 minutes! Thirty minutes later I was ready to go to the hospital, but decided to wait to wake Bond until after midnight. At 12:03am I had a contraction and woke Bond and called the babysitter, who got pulled over on the way to my house! Oops! We were in the car and on our way by 12:30am. Unfortunately for me, it was a slow ride... the roads were icy... and the air was foggy.

Note: Bond will drive in ANYTHING... but he hates driving in FOG the most. It's my guess he doesn't like the disorientation....

So.. yeah.. God gave us fog and ice... and every possible red light on the way to the hospital. But we still made it!

It took awhile to find our way into Labor & Delivery because for some reason (hmm.. maybe it was the horrible pain I was in) I couldn't remember how to get in. Thankfully a nurse saw us and opened the doors. (You're supposed to stand in front of a camera and push a button and then tell them who you are and what you want. I think if we'd have done this.. I'd have said something like.. "I'm in labor and I want my epidural NOW!"

Other than my whining, the hospital appeared empty and silent... Everyone was very calm. I started asking for the epidural as soon as we got into the admit room. She said I had to wait. Boo. The pain made me sick. I'd never gotten sick in labor before! Not pleasant.. but it did help with the pain.. weird.. right? Pain.. makes you sick... which makes pain go away for a short time.

We got into the L&D room about 1 or 1:30am... Got my epidural very soon after that.. and a few hours later I was ready to push!! No kidding! So they went and woke the doctor up about 3:30am.. I pushed a little.. and then we had to wait for the doctor to get in before I pushed anymore... he got there... we got Bond out of bed... I pushed.. baby came... TA DA!!! A beautiful little girl.. 7 lbs 9 oz... 20" long.. 13" head circumference.. 4 am On. The. Dot.

We tried calling family... but they were all asleep.. and no one wanted to answer their phones... so most people didn't find out till after 6am!

It was pretty surreal.. such a fast labor.. in the middle of the night... nobody knew except us. It was a really quiet and peaceful labor (once I got the epidural).. and it was just. us. And I LOVED that. Like we stowed away in the middle of the night to have our baby in secret. So cool.

Newbie didn't get a name for another week. It was all we talked about for 5 days. There was a point when myself, Bond, Bond's mom and dad, Bond's grampa and grandma, and Bond's sister and brother-in-law (I think that's everyone) were all sitting around in our living room talking about what to name the poor little girl known as Baby Girl and "B.G." at the doc's office and hospital.

I think we discussed every name in the book.

Twice.

She did finally get her name and I think I might have heard the Hallelujah Chorus when I announced it. Praise God! The child has a name!!

Newbie spent her second day of life on phototherapy for jaundice. She was my glow-baby... My Neon Smurfette..



Sunshine and Tank were so taken by her!! It was SOOO cute. Sunshine kept laying his head down on the carrier.. staring and smiling at her!!



As for me... I think she's the most beautiful baby girl..



..God ever put on this earth



And I'm the lucky one..



Because I get to put bows in her hair!!!!!!!!!

No comments: