Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Distractions!



What's this you ask? Very... technical-looking... diagram..

My goodness.. it can't be! Why, yes! It is!! It's a..

DIAPER!!! Not just any diaper.. a CLOTH diaper!!!

I'll wait while you get your "eews.." and "acks!" out.

Better now? Good.

Yes.. this is what has been eating my time. (Ha! And I'm not even using them yet!)

The world of cloth diapering has changed a lot in the last 20 years or so... even in the last 4-5 years. It's amazing! Just as easy, and almost as convenient as disposables, except you're not having to dig a new landfill for each baby's dirty diapers! Isn't that wonderful????

By the way, this is only one of many many many diapers they make these days. This is a BumGenius 3.0 one-size diaper. You can find info on them here from where I stole the diagram, and you can buy them here.

Anyway. I just thought you should know that it's the research of a carefully constructed piece of equipment which will eventually hold the waste product of my future child that has kept me from my blogging. Aren't you glad you know that now??

Speaking of Newbie...



Cute right? See the foot kinda toward the top? Almost looks like Newbie is wearing a sock!!

Sweet sweet baby. This was taken at 20 weeks plus a few days. I'll have more pictures in a few weeks because Newbie was a curled up in a ball and refusing to show us the heart. So we have to go back and hope we aren't being as obnoxious. ;) The gender is still God's little secret! :) It's fun that way!

Oh yah... and have you ever seen this sweet face?



My sweet Millie dog has been taking up lots of time too!!! We've been training her and she's quite hilarious during the trainings... she gets these amazing expressions on her face.... stoops her head all low.. and sags her ears... and gets those big brown puppy-dog eyes LOCKED in on us.. hoping they're break our hearts into a million pieces....

*pout pout pout*

I just laugh. It's funny. It's all I can do to keep from crying and rescuing her from learning to be an obedient puppy!!! I'll take some pictures sometime in the future of that. You'll love it! Or you'll hate me for allowing such a beautiful dog to be burdened with such a thing as behaving!

1 comment:

The Taylor Family said...

Bum genius! oh yeh baby! Love them...absolutely worth the purchase. We've loved them and they work soooo well! Love the baby pic too! So cute! Miss you!